Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the Den of Sin! I am your lovely host, TS Denizen, the denizen of the Den of Sin. Afford me the time to provide you with a brief summation of my story. I am not of the planet you call Earth. I hail from the planet Sinestra. On the planet Sinestra, I, along with many of the other Sinestrians, were not permitted to express our true selves. Our Elders believed there was a correct Way to Be that all Sinestrians were duty bound to adhere to, whether this Way to Be was the Way we Were, or not. The oppression of my soul was too great to bear! So I stole a space pod of my World and flew it to the nearest inhabited World which my Elders deemed Sinful: Earth. Here, I fell in deep love with Earth culture, and Earth music in particular. Each song was an undiscovered reflection of my own soul! And so I established this Den of Sin to share with you myself, others, and most importantly, yourselves.”
The Den of Sin is a program that mixes elements traditional music radio with scripted radio drama. We play rock music from the indie-ground within the context of a sci-fi black comedy. Throw John Peel and Ed Wood in a blender together and the resulting blood smoothie hopefully tastes something like this show.
Episodes fall under different categories. “Experiments” are the “main” series. These episodes are scripted and add to the Den of Sin multi-verse in tangible, story-related ways.
“Studies” are interview episodes. A guest comes on and one of the characters asks them questions about who they are and what they do, and the guest selects the playlist.
Regardless of your poison (or if you like to roll the dice and mix like me), I hope you find something in the Den that is to your liking.
Welcome to the Den of Sin! In this premiere episode, TS Denizen explains their unusual diet, says a few words on the social impact and mythology of Prince, and makes themselves a Frankenstein bitch. Plus, songs by classic artists such as Todd Rundgren, Blue Oyster Cult, and Wire, as well as new favorites Indonesian Junk, Sonny & the Sunsets, Gentleman Jesse, and more.
- “An Irrational Fear on Sailors” Lamps
- “I’m Only Lonely” Gentleman Jesse and His Men
- “It Takes Two to Tango (This One’s for the Girls)” Todd Rundgren
- “Take Your Clothes Off When You Dance” The Mothers of Invention
- “Harvester of Eyes” Blue Oyster Cult
- “Blood and Gore” Cheveu
- “Joyless Masturbation” GG King
- “Out of the Cold” Slow
- “Star to Star” The Chrome Cranks
- “Shelly Shelly (Don’t Break My Heart)” Indonesian Junk
- “Sweets Helicopter” Thee Oh Sees
- “Sparklehorse Gordon” Imp of Perverse
- “Dark Corners” Sonny and the Sunsets
- “Wildlife” Cheap Time
- “Mystery” Wipers
- “Summertime Girls” Inherent Vices
- “Mannequin” Wire
- “Truest Love” Superdrag
- “Stayed Up Late” The White Wires
- “The Beautiful Ones” Prince
- “Frankenstein (Edgar Winter cover, live at MSG 1997)” Phish
This is an archival episode originally released May 3rd, 2016.